Next month we start the back to Homeschool routine with my youngest, who is a junior in high-school now (where has the time gone?). Then my middle daughter and I, will be returning to college. Our oldest is taking some time off to pray and seek God about the next steps she should take in her life. I’m really excited because I will get to have one of my classes on campus. If the government doesn’t mess us up. I’m looking forward to school starting.
I have also rejoined the Homeschool Review Crew for the Old Schoolhouse Magazine. I was on it years ago when my kids were much younger and we tried out a lot of elementary and middle school stuff that are all posted here on the blog. Now I get to try out a lot of high school items. The reviews will be posted on the Facebook page so make sure you are following so you don’t miss a thing.
We will also be returning to our local homeschool co-op after a year off. I am teaching World History to middle and high school students. My youngest is taking an Anatomy, Health and a P.E. class. My hubby is teaching an Astronomy class for 3rd-5th graders during the fall semester this year.
My middle daughter, Hope, is about to turn 20 next week and our Ben Kenobi (furry son) will be celebrating his “gotcha day” on the 8th of August. He has been with us for a year and we love him so much. We are considering adopting a little brother or sister for him to have someone to play with while mommy and daddy are busy working/doing school. The benefit is that my hubby and I both work from home now and he loves every second of it. We can be with Ben all the time and we have a beautiful fenced backyard for him to get out and run in. He also loves to go for walks and play with his toys. We are having a hard time with stuffies as he thinks they are for shredding. We’ve even purchased the “shred proof” ones designed for Rotweillers and Pit Bull’s and he still manages to figure out how to shred them.
Junior Year Curriculum Choices
- Math: Algebra 2 (Allinonehighschool.com & Kahn Academy)
- Bible: Foundations for Teens (SchoolhouseTeachers.com)
- History: United States History: Exploration to the Present Day (SchoolhouseTeachers.com)
- Geography: Geography of the Bible (SchoolhouseTeachers.com)
- English, Grammar, Literature: American Folklore & African American Literature, Benjamin Franklin Writing Method, Schoolhouse Splellling – Charlotte Mason High School Spelling List Two (SchoolhouseTeachers.com)
- Science: Co-Op: Anatomy/Health, Physical Education, Chemistry: Friendly Chemistry & Advanced Chemistry (SchoolhouseTeachers.com)
- Art: Studio Art for Teens, Art and History Interconnected, Digital Art and Product Design for Small Business (SchoolhouseTeachers.com)
- Foreign Language: ASL – Adventures (SchoolhouseTeachers.com)