I can’t believe the week is over. I’ve had so much fun sharing with you all the fun VBS themes that ZonderKidz has put together along with sharing resources from other companies and bloggers. If you have missed any of the previous themes you can check them out:
Today’s them is “All God’s Creatures“:
Animals are all around us– -in our homes as pets, on farms providing us with meat, milk and eggs, in the forests, in the sea, and even in the sky. Kids are often curious about the lives of animals and how God relates to them. This fun theme helps kids get in touch with nature and with animals.
Here are some Animal book and Bible resources
- 7 Days of Awesome by Shawn Byous
- Goodnight Ark by Laura Sassi
- The Beginners Bible: Daniel and the Lions (an I Can Read book)
- The Beginners Bible: Adam and Eve in the Garden (an I Can Read book)
- The Adventure Bible: Elijah, God’s Mighty Prophet (an I Can Read book)
- Made by God: Animals All Around
- Made by God: Curious Creatures
- Adventure Bible (NIV)
Here are some Bible stories that focus on animals
- The Creation
- Adam names the animals
- Noah’s Ark
- Daniel in the Lions’ Den
- Elijah and the ravens
- The Lost Sheep
- Jesus rides the donkey on Palm Sunday
Here are some animal themed craft and décor ideas that can be purchased:
- Awesome African Animal Fact Cups Craft from Oriental Trading
- Wild Wonder Magic Scratch Color Animals from Oriental Trading
- Jungle Room Background from Oriental Trading
- Forest Plant Stand Ups from Oriental Trading
- Animal Pinatas from Party City
- Animal Print Balloons from Party City
Here are some fun animal themed activities to do with items on hand:
- Invite a Vetarinarian or Zoo staff to come and talk to your group about animals (ask if they can bring a special animal visitor)
- Take a trip to the local zoo as a group
- Volunteer as a group, for a day, at a local working farm
- Make these adorable Handprint Hens from No Time for Flash Cards blog
- Volunteer as a group, for a day, at your local SPCA
- Run a dog food and cat food drive to donate much needed food supplies to your local animal shelter
- Host a “dog wash” event as a fundraiser for your church, children’s ministry or animal charity
- Have an animal scavenger hunt in your church’s neighborhood to spot signs of animal life native to your area.
- Take a group nature walk in your local park or forest hiking area to spot animals and explore their habitats.
- Make Animal masks using this simple craft from Enchanted Learning
I hope you all have enjoyed this weeks posts as much as I have. Thanks to ZonderKidz for providing the information and ideas (as well as the other companies and blogs).
If you missed the previous themes be sure to check out the top of this post where I link back to the other 4.