exercise · Family · Life

The Last Week Before School

Last weekend was super busy. Not a bad busy just busy. Last Friday night we went to a drive in with the kids and friends. It was a double feature and we got home after 2am. Needless to say we slept in on Saturday. Well, all of us except for hubby. He gets up early for work and once you start that habit its hard to stop it. So he got up and went to the grocery store so I wouldn’t have too. (That’s another reason why I love him, he knows it’s my least favorite kind of shopping to do.) While at the store he inadvertently locked the keys in the car. The good thing is he was only a mile from home. The bad thing. I had to walk there since we are sharing a car at the moment. Needless to say after that I took a nap. lol I had to work a longer shift Saturday at work and so I was gone from 2 until 9:30 that night.  Sunday morning I worked at church and thus had to be there early and needless to say I slept in on Monday. Why not it is our last week before school.


I have been letting the kids sleep until they wake on their own since next week school starts back and even though they don’t have to wake up at 6am like their public private school counterparts they will be getting up by 8am.  In fact I’ve realized that once a child turns 13 they tend to sleep until noon. I had to wake Princess up Thursday morning AT NOON so we could enjoy some alone time at the pool while all the other kids were in school. I do like people, I just don’t like being at the pool when its crowded and you can’t really enjoy yourself. Actually I am a bit of a recluse. I could be alone without having issues. Yes, eventually I do like to get out but I’m just as happy being at home and getting things done.

Put me in a cabin in the woods with nature all around me and I’m happy at least for a month. Once a month I would have to travel out to someplace and see the rest of the world. lol Actually put me in a cottage on the beach and you would never see me again. lol That’s just who I am and what I like.

We relaxed for a bit on Monday (other than I started the Couch to 5K) and then I had to work that night. Tuesday we enjoyed a day home and didn’t go anywhere. Wednesday (after running day 2 of the Couch to 5K) I had to work again and the kids decided to stay home from church (I know its bad when you let your kids decide, normally they would have said they wanted to go but I think they were all exhausted from the busy weekend). Thursday, I worked on more school planning and really started thinking about taking stock out on HP and Georgia Pacific with the amount of printing I was doing. That evening Andy and the girls helped to clean the kids area’s at church and I had choir practice and helped clean the choir room. Yes, I finally did it. I jumped in and joined the choir. It has been a long time in coming and I kind of felt like the new kid on the block. I was a bit nervous but everyone was so nice and the ones I did know just treated me like I was an old friend and those I just met welcomed me with open arms. It was great. At that point I felt very comfortable. That is one thing I love about this church. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and loving.

Friday night I had to work again and Geek Girl and Princess went to their annual youth camp out as a last hurrah of summer. Since it was just dad and boo left they decided to have a daddy/daughter date. Saturday we picked the older two up who have most likely been awake all night and have our annual complex pool party with games, prizes, music and great food.  Then off to work I go.  Monday morning (when this post will go live) we will be starting school and I will be starting week 2 of Couch to 5K. I’m excited and so are two of my three kids. The other one will come around eventually. lol