When it starts getting cold I start thinking about warmer places. When I start thinking about warmer places our favorite vacation spots have come to mind. Depending on what time of the year it is depends on how warm it really is. Here are just a few of our favorite vacation destinations.
- Disney World (Orlando, Florida) – This is a favorite for everyone, especially our youngest. You’ve got the 4 parks as well as the water parks and Downtown Disney. There is so much to do there that it would take you two weeks to fully enjoy everything.
- Kennedy Space Center (Florida) – Again this is a favorite for our family because we all love NASA and have recently gotten to see one of the final shuttle launches. Besides two of my three children want to work for NASA one day (one as an astronaut and one as an astronomer). So I guess you could say that we are a NASA family.
- Charleston, SC – It’s absolutely beautiful there. There is so much history and to be near the ocean is wonderful. It is a kid friendly place to be with lots of museum’s, carriage rides, and you can even visit Fort Sumter. If you’ve never been and you love history you really need to go.
- Gatlinburg, TN – There is tons of things to do there. Museum’s, Dollywood, and tons of shopping. I love seeing it at Christmas time with all the lights and decorations. And with the Smokey Mountains as your backdrop a great place to take pictures.
- Myrtle Beach, SC – There are lots of shopping to do and beaches to spend the day at when you go to Myrtle Beach. Of course we like driving down the coast and seeing a lot of the area you don’t see in the busier areas of the city. I love being at the ocean. It’s one of my favorite places.
What are some of your favorite vacation spots?