I was tagged by Karyn, with this meme.
“5 Classes I Wished They’d Taught In Highschool“
- Sleepless Nights 101 – Okay yes they have parenting classes but they don’t have ones that teach you how to stay awake 24/7/365 so that you can take care of sick children, clean the house and do everything else that you have to do. I really wish they had told us how much of the lack of sleep we would have to go through. And don’t believe those people who say “oh they only wake up during the night as a baby”. WRONG they continue to wake up during the night as toddlers and adolescents and lets not even think about what is going to happen in the teen years.
- How to Use Caffeine Effectively – (goes along with sleepless nights 101) Ok this should be a necessity class. I have to depend greatly on caffeine to live everyday. If I don’t my brain doesn’t function properly. And you might as well forget even waking me up.
- How to Convince Your Child to do their chores 101 – This class teaches you how to bribe your children to do things without it looking like a bribe. Yes we have all done it. Even the best moms in the world have bribed their children at some point or another (and don’t act like you haven’t). I am not proud of having to do it. But sometimes it is necessary to get things done. I don’t have time to play games and if a little bribe is going to get it done quicker then I am not opposed to do it once in a while. I don’t make a habit of it.
- Sex Etiquette – This is far from a sex education class. We should all learn, husbands included, that their are times for sex and times for sleep. Like when your wife is sound asleep you are taking your life in your hands for sex.
- How To Make Up 101 – This is something that EVERYONE should take. We should all learn how to make up effectively after an argument or a fight. If we do it right then we shouldn’t have to go back over that subject again.
Ok I think I’m going to tag ummmmm Lara.
American Idol –
I really enjoyed all the performances last night. I’m still a huge David Cooke fan but I believe David Archuleta did well, also. I like Syesha but I don’t think she pulled it off enough to make it through to the next round. However, she can be very proud to have made it to the Top 3. I’m looking forward to tonights show to see the results.
I had a great Mother’s Day, Sunday. I went out with my sister and my mom to see “Made of Honor” with Patrick Dempsey. It was really good. I enjoyed it. My husband was really sweet and he bought me a Tinker Bell watch. It was so pretty and feminine. It wasn’t too big like some character watches can be. My girls bought me some Turquoise earrings. Turquoise is the original birthstone for December before they changed it to whatever that blue stone is now. I love Turquoise and I have two rings and a necklace made of Turquoise and sterling silver that was passed down to me from my great grandmother, who happened to be half Cherokee Indian. The only problem with the rings is that my great grandmother was so tiny that the rings only fit my pinky. They are still really pretty. Very feminine and not gaudy looking. I’m really picky about the Turquoise jewelry that I get because some of it is just huge and outrageous. My girls did really well though.
I also got a chance to watch “27 Dresses” last night. It was really good too. I enjoyed it very much. It’s a great chick flick. My mother is like a video store anymore. I hardly ever have to rent movies anymore. She buys them new and I borrow from her. It’s great. lol
I’ve had a busy week so far and I don’t see it letting up anytime soon. My hubby is working overtime this week. He is working two doubles and on Sunday too. I think its going to be a really long week for us.
On the school front. We are almost done with our homeschool year and about to start our summer schedule. We school 2-3 days a week during the summer while they are in elementary grades just to keep them fresh for when the full school year starts. They seem to like it. Plus we do more fun stuff in the summer rather than a lot of book work. It keeps them pretty busy. As they get older and remember things a bit better I may quit doing the summer thing unless they want to continue or I see it as necessary.
Well that is what is going on here. Hope you all are having a blessed week.