Have you ever had those days where you feel as if God has something for you to do with your life besides just being a wife and mother? I mean I know that my first and most important job is being a good godly wife to my husband and mother to my children but there is also another thing that he wants me to do. Have you ever really thought about it?
It’s been on my mind more and more the last few weeks and I know there is something and each week that goes by I think he reveals a little bit more to me about what it is I am supposed to do. I believe very much that writing is going to have a HUGE part of it but I am beginning to think that there is more to it than that.
I believe one thing that he wants from me right now is to become more organized so that I can be more efficient with my time. Plus I believe he wants me to clean out my house because when you are surrounded by clutter all the time it will affect your mood.
Honestly I am so ready to clean out and get organized that it is not even funny. I feel like I am drowning in a sea of clutter. I’m getting that claustrophobic feeling again. I’ve made a list of the areas that I need to learn to organize and
run away from stick to it.
Okay so that is the short list. Here is the LONG list.
- Time – I homeschool and plus have other things that need to be done. I need a schedule that is easy to follow yet a little bit flexible for me to function on. Every schedule I have ever made worked for a week or so then I was unable to stick to it.
- Cleaning – I really need some time of timeline set up to make sure that my house is clean on a regular basis with any easily and realistic list of things that need to be done for each room.
- Meals – I need to be able to learn to plan out meals ahead of time to save me time and money when grocery shopping so I don’t have to run to the store several times a week to pick up items I have forgotten.
- Closets – Need to find a closet organizational guideline that I could go by to organize our hall/coat closets and the bedroom closets.
- Rooms – I need to learn how to organize our rooms so they are functional especially the bedrooms. The kids rooms need to be functional in a way that they can clean up without having a lot of help. My room is not only a bedroom but its my office and hubbies office and the place I keep all the school items. I have NO WHERE else right now with which to do this but I believe if I can find an easy solution until I have the room to put the kids school items in a different place I can still have a nice bedroom.
Those are my areas of biggest concern right now. If you all have suggestions; Before/after pics of rooms you have reorganized; websites; etc. I would appreciate it. You can leave them as comments OR you can email them to me at dmauton AT gmail DOT com.
Hope you all have a great day.